Q1) due nov 14
There are many factors that affect chronic illnessâ€”chronic pain, stigma, social isolation, altered mobility, or fatigue. Utilizing your learning from your readings and the South University Online Library resources, respond to the following questions:
- Based on the research, which of these factors have the greatest impact on a patient? Why? Contrast at least two ways the factors would affect a twelve-year-old with the way they would affect a seventy-five-year-old.
- Consider the twelve-year-old and the seventy-five-year-old have a chronic illness. How does the chronically ill patient’s illness trajectory influence the plan of care?
- Review Healthypeople.gov website. Discuss how you feel these goals will impact the health of the nation. Briefly discuss how you could incorporate these goals/objectives into your day-to-day nursing practice.
Q2) due nov 17
After reviewing the attached article (discussion 2), which factor do you feel has the most impact on family members? Please support your response with examples from readings. What are some of the reasons it is important to include the support persons in the plan of care?
Q3) due nov 20
- Review Healthy People 2020 Global Health Initiatives. Choose one disease process and discuss the disease process, the goal of Healthy People 2020, and how the CDC plays a role in meeting the goal.
- Search the South University Online Library for caregiver role strain. What is the most important factor that causes caregiver role strain? What can be done to prevent it?
Q4) due nov 25
- Review the Healthy People 2020 objectives for the older adult. Of the objectives listed for the older adult, which do you feel is most important? Be sure to include examples and references to support your response.
- There are several vulnerable populations that have a chronic illness (older; homeless; and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender populations) that face challenges when it comes to care. Choose one vulnerable population and discuss what can be done to help alleviate these challenges.
Q5) due nov 28
- Review the Healthy People 2020 objectives for Access to Care. Of all the objectives listed under this topic, which do you think would be most beneficial to the patients with chronic illness? Please give rationales and support responses with references.
- Discuss how you feel nurses can positively impact the Healthy People 2020 goals.