Discussion Board Form
You will complete 2 of the 5 entities below by Wednesday at 2359, and reply to 2 colleagues by Saturday night at 2359 with a substantive remark, citing an experience, a comparison, a reference, or a link.
- Pregnancyâ€”views toward pregnancy and/or what attitude does a pregnant woman assume?
- Foodâ€”what is and is not eaten in your cultures/families?
- Familyâ€”specifically, head of household.(Who is it and what role/authority does he/she have? Is the â€œofficialâ€ head of household the one who is operationally the head? Who makes the decisions on how money is spent?)
- Death ritualsâ€”how does your culture find closure after the death of a loved one?
- Sickness rituals.(One student said her mother always rubbed Vicks on her chest when she was sick, and that even now, until she has the â€œVicks smellâ€ in her room, she canâ€™t really feel she has treated her cold or flu. Your patients may feel the sameâ€”and yet most facilities donâ€™t allow anyone with oxygen to use petroleum products like Vicks because of risk of burns.)