Market skimming, market penetration, companion products (captive pricing), and cost-based pricing are some of the pricing strategies marketing managers use when marketing globally.
- Compare each of the pricing strategies listed above and how they apply.
- Explain Incoterms (International Commercial Terms).
- Why is it important to understand those internationally accepted terms of trade? Provide examples.
The pricing strategy for a product may vary from country to country; a product may be positioned as a low-priced mass-marketed product and a premium-priced niche market in others. Review table 10-2 on page 314 of your text which lists the worldâ€™s most valuable brands.
Select two similar brands (that offer at least one line of similar products) and consider them operating in the same country from the list in your text:
- Compare the various pricing strategies each company uses to compete in each country. Provide examples.
- Which of the four categories of Incoterms apply to the company you selected?
Your initial discussion post should be 250 words.